The Introductions Thread!

Hello! I am Divyanshu Rana, A 1st year student at Graphic era University, where I am pursuing a degree in Master of Computer Applications (MCA). I am really excited about Improving Antibody Support and Layer Tutorials . I have familiarity with deep learning frameworks such as PyTorch that would be essential for implementing antibody-specific models.

Thank you for your attention, consideration, and ongoing support. Together, let us continue to strive for excellence and make a positive difference in the lives of individuals

With warm regards,
Divyanshu Rana

Hi everyone! I’m Duc Thinh Ngo, 2nd year PhD student at IMT Atlantique, Rennes, France. My interest topic is GNN in general. I appreciate your contribution to open-source AI. I want to contribute to DeepChem to exercise my coding skills and have fun collaborating with people of the same interest. Nice to meet you all, guys! :smile:

Hello everyone! :wave:

My name is S Vijaya Bhaskar. I’m a sophomore at IIT Madras, currently pursuing a BS degree in Data Science. I have a strong foundation in Python and am proficient in using Jupyter notebooks.

While I’m still learning about data analysis and machine learning, I’m very interested in the Layer Tutorials project by DeepChem. I believe it’s a great opportunity to learn more about these topics while contributing to a project that can help others in their learning journey.

I’m really excited about the possibility of contributing to this project and learning from all of you. Looking forward to a great time here!

I am Harshvardhansingh Rao. Currently pursuing my masters in Applied Computer Science. I am interested in Computer Vision and AI things. I am looking to contribute to the projects provided by DeepChem and learn and dive into the vast topics.

Hello respected Mentors and Contributors,

My name is Meet Patel. I am pursuing my Master’s in Computer Science, Have major experience in Machine Learning and its sub-task like Data preprocessing since I was in my its bachelors. Especially in the medical field, I have a major interest in problem solving. To exemplify that, I have created many models to predict some diseases and some of them work for checking the intensity of some diseases also.

I would like to do work again in the medical field!

Thank you,
Meet Patel
contact.mtpatel@gmail.com

Hello Everyone,

Jay Prajapati here, a Final Year CSE Student from Ahmedabad. I am currently working on Video Diffusion Models and previously worked on Time Series Forecasting. I want to contribute to Layer Tutorials. I have experience with deep-learning frameworks, TensorFlow, PyTorch and Flask.

I’ve found DeepChem to be an amazing project and I want to make it fabulous by creating tutorials.

Let’s Connect:)
https://linkedin.com/in/Jay9122

Greetings, my name is Haidar Jomaa senior computer science student at the Lebanese University. I’m a research intern in deep learning and computer vision with emphasis on projects in the field of Computer Vision for various real-world use cases and open-source initiatives. Personally depending on availability, I’m interested in working on Improve Equivariance Support since I would love to gain insight on this field, additional possible work Torch compile and PyTorch 2.2.0. For further details here’s my LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/haidar-jomaa-394873196/

Hello, I’m Saurabh. Currently, I’m a Data Scientist specializing in Natural Language Processing (NLP), Large Language Models (LLMs), and Machine/Deep Learning. My expertise revolves around leveraging Hugging Face Libraries for various applications, where I’ve successfully implemented solutions like disease and symptom recognition for pets. I’m particularly drawn to contributing to the Improvement of Antibody Support project which has captivated my interest, and I’m eager to lend my skills to this endeavor. However, I would greatly appreciate your guidance on the best approach to kick-start this initiative.

Hey!
I am Raghav Arora, 2022 graduate with B.E. Electrical and Electronics Engineering and M.Sc. Chemistry.
I pursued my thesis on the use of deep neural networks for molecular property predictions. This work was done with Prof. Tkatchenko at University of Luxembourg.
The wishlist projects at DeepChem are pretty interesting, and I would like to start contributing to them.

Hey everyone!!
I am Aishwary. I am a sophomore at IIT Delhi, pursuing Chemical Engineering. I am deeply interested in programming and Machine/Deep Learning . The applications of ML in Chemical Engineering, Chemistry and Biological Sciences have always excited me.
I have theortical and implemention knowledge of ML algorithms and also have hands on coding experience on creating Neural Networks and CV models in PyTorch.
I am very excited for the projects of Improving antibody support and improving New Drug modality support. I would love to work on them.
Since I am new to Open Source I would appreciate any advice on how to get started and procced further.

Hello there! I’m Riya Sachdeva, currently in my second year of studying Computer Engineering at Thapar University. Over the last 6-7 months, I’ve been actively involved in delving into deep learning and related areas. I’m eager to lend my expertise to the implementation of wishlist models for DeepChem.

Hello everyone! I am Aditya Agrawal currently in my final year at IIT (BHU) Varanasi studying Chemical Engineering. I am a Machine/Deep Learning Enthusiast with hands-on experience in various technologies like PyTorch, Tensorflow etc. I am a beginner at Open Source so would appreciate any help to get started.

Hi, I am Aryan Prakhar, an undergrad at IIT BHU. I am currently interning at OpenLocus and building a data-driven discovery system to aid scientific knowledge generation using multi-agent systems in collaboration with Allen AI team. We had an ICML’24 submission for the same. Now I am working for COLM submission expanding the scope of the system to new fields. Further, I am pursuing a research project with professor at Leiden Institute of Advanced Computer Science on temporal analysis of tracker dynamics. I have always been interested in the biological/biochemical applications of Machine Learning and to improve my understanding, I have taken course on Biochemistry in my college.

I have cleared the KVPY, Indian Olympiad Qualifier in Biology, etc, demonstrating my love for subject of biology. I have also built a classification-segmentation pipeline for brain tumour segmentation using ResUnet architecture. I am especially curious about the projects “Improve Equivariance Support” and “Torch compile and PyTorch 2.2.0”.

My interest in equivariance stems from its potential to revolutionize the way we approach computational chemistry, enabling models to generalize better across different molecular structures and environments. I also have experience with benchmarking through my internship. Working on any of these projects during summers at Deepchem would be a great learning and research experience.

Looking forward to discuss how I could start contributing to these project, start my journey and Deepchem and quench my passion for biochemical applications of AI.

Hey there! :wave: I’m Aparna, a third year student at IIT BHU and I’m super excited about the DeepChem Layer Tutorials Enhancement project! I’ve been working on Jupyter Notebook and Colab projects, diving into different machine learning concepts. The project “Layer Tutorials” aligns perfectly with my interests, as I’m eager to improve technical communication skills and contribute to the community. Could you guide me on the best way to get started? I’m ready to dive in and make some meaningful contributions! :rocket:

Greetings, I am Varun, currently in the final semester pursuing a degree in Computer Science and Engineering. Over the past year, I have dedicated myself to both the theoretical understanding and practical application of cutting-edge technologies within the domains of Machine Learning (ML) and Deep Learning (DL). Proficient in ML and DL algorithms, I possess hands-on experience in implementing solutions using Python, leveraging frameworks such as PyTorch and essential libraries including NumPy.

My practical expertise extends to prominent libraries like Scikit-Learn, PyTorch, Hugging Face, Llamaindex, etc. Actively seeking opportunities to contribute to advanced projects in these domains, I am keen on receiving guidance on how to initiate my involvement and progress further.

I appreciate any insights and advice provided.

I am Awnish Singh, a fourth-year undergraduate student at BITS Pilani, with a research project on the topic target drug prediction under my college professor dr. s. murugesan. With experience in projects ranging from computer vision to software development, including contributions to GSOC , I bring a strong foundation in deep learning, data science, and machine learning. I am enthusiastic about applying my skills to meaningful research projects.
i am currently doing internship in an startup where my work is power automation with ms azure and easyocr library for text extraction.
last year i contributed in GAA on the project implementation of DL model which helps in identifying feature of protein coding genes but could not make to the proposal round after submitting my proposal but overall it was a good experience.
i will happy to join in office time meeting and discuss further .

Hello Bharath,

I am Sasidharan, a final-year B.E. student studying Computer Science. I am intrigued by Layers Tutorials , Improving Antibody Support , and Improving New Drug Modality Support , and I’m enthusiastic about contributing my expertise to @DeepChem. Before delving deeper, I would greatly appreciate your guidance on how to get started.

Thank you!

Hello everyone! I am Anton, a recent Physics, Astrophysics and Cosmology graduate from Lancaster University. My journey in AI began with applying two Capsule ANNs to classify galaxies by morphology as my Master’s project. Since then, I have been implementing various machine learning algorithms and deep learning models in PyTorch and applying them to real-world datasets in Kaggle competitions and personal projects.

I would love to “Implement a Wishlist Model” by adding one of the ODEs models (Neural, Convolutional Neural or Universal) to DeepChem’s arsenal. Having already encountered the concept of equivariance in the context of CNNs and Capsule networks, I am also interested in helping with the “Improve Equivariance Support” project. Any guidance on how to start contributing to either would be greatly appreciated. Many thanks!

Hey everyone! :wave: I’m Kelvin Lau, a second-year undergrad studying Artificial Intelligence at Northeastern University in China. :mortar_board: Excited to be here and share a bit about myself!

I’m really keen on the projects here at DeepChem, especially the ones like “Improving Antibody Support” and Protein Language Modeling". :rocket: Plus, I’m totally up for diving into research cooperation with the DeepChem!

I’ve got some experience with RAG and prompt engineering, and I am familiar with the LlamaIndex and LangChain libraries. Also, I’ve been diving into the OpenAI API and have a good grasp of open-source models like Llama and Mistral. At the same time, I am familiar with Transformer and RNN models. :computer: My skillset includes Python, Django, PyTorch, C, and C++.

Currently, I’m doing some cool research stuff as a research intern in the Information Retrieval Group at Northeastern University. You can check out what I’m up to on my personal webpage: https://10-oasis-01.github.io. If you’re into research, feel free to take a peek at our latest work on RAG and Learning Theory: https://arxiv.org/abs/2402.13547. :books:

Can’t wait to chat and hopefully contribute to some awesome projects together! :sparkles:

Hi everybody! My name’s Seungil cha, a senior student in SungKyunKwan Univ, in South Korea majoring in CS.

I am a second-year ML & SW engineer with a career that includes a 1-year full-time job at a startup company.

I have mainly worked on projects related to Localization, and I have experience in the entire process, from task setting and modeling to lightweighting, to apply it to actual services, so I can approach projects from various perspectives.

Additionally, I have worked on building an in-house Model training & export pipeline project.

After completing a year of full-time employment, I was selected to work on ML projects for major South Korean corporations such as Samsung, SK Telecom, Hyundai Motors, and POSCO International.

I believe that if I am selected for GSoC, I can successfully complete the project and am the most suitable person for it.