DeepChem GSoC 2022 Mentor Introduction Thread

I’m kicking off this thread for mentors for GSoC 2022 to introduce themselves and topics

I’m a mentor for GSoC for the summer and I’m interested in basically all the topics posted :slight_smile:. Students who want to speak to me can join in the office ours or email me at bharath@deepforestsci (dot com)

3 Likes

Hi, I am Vignesh and I a mentor for GSoC this summer. Besides that I am a PhD student working on topics of protein representation learning and design with applications to immunology. I was also a former GSoC student for DeepChem in 2019. Feel free to reach out at vsomnath@ethz.ch

3 Likes

Hi, I am Arun. I have been working in the DeepChem project for close to about a year now. My interests are in the following topics - Layer Documentation, Pytorch Porting and Implementing wishlist models. In case you have any questions on these, feel free to reach me at arunATdeepforestsciDOTcom

3 Likes

Hi everyone, I am Abhishek, a mentor for Deepchem this summer. I am a research engineer working on deep learning, computer vision. I am interested in pytorch-lightning related work of deepchem. Feel free to reach out to me at abhishekkadiyan@gmail.com.

2 Likes

Hello guys, my name is Tony. I am a graduate student researching robotics and computer vision for agriculture problems. Last year I joined DeepChem to gain some experience with bioinformatics and cheminformatics because I see great potential for these approaches to change the world. You can reach me anytime at acdavis629@gmail.com.

2 Likes

Hi, I’m Peter. I’m a software engineer working on molecular dynamics simulation and deep learning. I’ve been involved in DeepChem since the early days of the project. You can reach me at peastman@stanford.edu.

2 Likes

Howdy guys!
My name is Stanley Bishop, and I’m a mathematician who works as a machine learning scientist.

I have operated an incubator in Venice Beach for about 10 years that works with early stage data science companies, and in recent years have become passionate about supporting projects in the bioinformatics/ML space including DeepChem.

Here is a flavor of my interests:

… and would also say that I’m a major GPU-gear head… love making clusters purrrrrrrrr, and excited to get to know everyone for another amazing season of GSOC :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

1 Like

Hi everyone! I’m Nathan, and while I’m not formally mentoring GSoC this summer (due to an uncertain schedule), I was a DeepChem mentor last summer and I am happy to contribute however I can!

I’m currently a postdoc at MIT working on accelerating drug discovery and materials design with deep learning.

I’m particularly interested in Improving Equivariant Support and Antibodies, so if you’re working on either of those GSoC projects feel free to reach out at ncfrey@mit.edu

2 Likes

So excited for GSoC this year guys!!!

2 Likes