Google Summer of Code 2021 Ideas

Join our developer call for the week :). We can discuss design ideas there with @peastman too hopefully

1 Like

Sure, that sounds fine. @JainSamyak8840 if you plan to join one of the developer calls, let me know which one. Both times are convenient for me, so I vary which one I call in for.

1 Like

@peastman I will join the Asia/Pacific/India developer call.

1 Like

We’ve started getting a lot of interest from students on these projects, and in a few cases, have multiple students who’re interested in working on the same project. We want to make sure that students aren’t replicating work, so @peastman and I have suggested guidelines:

• If you are seriously interested in a project, put together a preliminary 1-2 page proposal for me and the other mentors to review. Don’t worry about whether this proposal conflicts with what another student might be working on to start.
  • Once you’ve submitted the preliminary proposal, we’ll work with you to ensure your proposal doesn’t conflict with another serious proposal.

The idea is that we’re using the writing of the preliminary proposal as a marker of serious interest. If you are seriously interested in applying, we’ll work with you to make sure there are no conflicts, but otherwise we want to keep the field open for other serious students

Maybe with Ray-SDG? :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like